Friday, January 16, 2015

Toxic Is My Favorite Britney Song. Coincidence?

We've reached the part of the evening where the dancing has begun.  If you don't believe me, check this out, that's totally me.
 I'm dancing because I hit all my deadlines and THE HOPE THAT STARTS will launch as planned.  This makes me incredible happy.  I am also dancing because dancing is the best.  Especially when done alone and for no reason.  This might not make sense to you.  Most people dance in groups, with other people.  Not me.  When I dance with other people, the derp face comes out.

 Now, derp in motion is way better than still derp.  Ask +Laura Gibson, she knows.  But it's not good on me, ever.  Because when the derp face comes out, you can be sure the manic elbows are going to be making an appearance.  They stick out, they fly up above my head, they jam themselves in peoples eye sockets.  And the legs get super stiff.  I'm like a zombie with rickets.  I teeter and collide with people, causing mayhem. 

But the best part of me dancing in public is my smile. 
I'm making this face because I am completely aware that my body is ruining everyone's good time and I can't stop it.  It's out of my hands.  

This is why at social events, you'll usually find me in the bathroom.

But when I'm alone... When I'm alone, I let it all go.  my body is fluid and graceful.  Finding the rhythm comes as naturally as breathing.  I have no fears, no reservations.  I feel the music and let it take me where it will.
Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating.  I actually have no idea what I look like when I dance alone, because... alone. Duh.   I imagine it's probably closer to this

Doesn't really matter.  I know how it feels and It. Is. Awesome.
I don't even care that my house smells like charred plastic and irresponsibility.  I hit my deadlines.  I kicked that formatting ass.  I drank the Cabernet.  

I'm gonna dance.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment