Monday, August 11, 2014

TEASER #2 for Tectonic (DBS#3)



Here's this weeks teaser!  17 more days!




“How did you know I was here?” Greta asked, wondering if maybe Shane hadn't totally dicked out and perhaps sent her a ride home.

Brady backed out of the drive and turned down the street before answering.

“I saw you leave with Brookings last night. Got up this morning, you still weren't home, so I followed a hunch.”

“You drove all the way out here on a hunch?” Greta asked, incredulous.

“Pretty much. You were hitting it pretty hard last night. I knew you'd need a rescue.” He glanced over at her at a stoplight. “Shane bail this morning?”

Greta pressed her fingertips to her forehead. “Yes.” She knew humiliation should be coloring her face but it wasn't. She couldn't even be properly embarrassed.

“That sucks.” He turned his attention back to the road and Greta knew he had more to say. Then he said it. “You sure about this with him?”

“No.” Greta rolled her eyes at herself. “He's so hot and cold, it's hard to get a read on him. One minute, we're besties. The next...” She let her voice trail off as her hand gestured to Brady who finished the thought.

“He ditches you without cab fare.”

“This is why my mom always told me to hide a twenty in my bra when I went out. It was a shoe for Miranda, but since I have a tendency to take my shoes off and leave them places, she recommended my bra. 'Cause everyone knows that sucker is staying on.” She leaned her head against the glass of the window, ignoring Brady's shoulders shaking in silent laughter. “Do I ever listen? No. The answer is always, no.”

Brady reached over to pat her knee with a grin. “Buck up, camper. The day has just begun and I'm taking you for breakfast.”

“Ugh. Food sounds like a very bad idea.” Greta pressed a hand to her wobbly stomach. Brady ignored her comment and kept driving.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment