Friday, May 23, 2014

Drummers. Gotta love 'em.

I am currently flying through the rough draft version of Mike's story, Deepest Blues.  It's an odd sensation.  I was avoiding this one for so long because I knew that it was going to take a lot out of me to write it.  But when I finally made the decision to sit down and really bleed this out with Mike, it began to take shape rather quickly.  Now, I'm struggling with not having enough time or fast enough fingers to satisfy what's happening in my head.

I know that everyone wanted Mike's story to happen immediately after Learn to Fly but it wasn't time yet.  Now is the time.  It should be ready to release soon after book 3 so the wait won't be long now.  I'm truly hoping that I do it right.  That those of you who fell for Mike won't be disappointed.  I've allowed some things about him to be transparent, but he has a few secrets that can't help but come to light.

I can honestly say that I have never experienced this kind of emotional drain from another character.  And not in a dark, I'm worried about his well being, type of way.  Mike is deep.  Endless.  I keep dropping rocks and nothing hits bottom.  He's quiet, introspective, observant, patient, with all these tiny little fractures all over his heart.  I hope I can properly tell his story and not take over and tell the story I think should be told.

Then there's Clarke.  She made a small appearance in book 2.  I had no idea she would become such a huge part of this project.  Getting to know her has been beautiful. 


Here are a few songs that are on the playlist if you you're a glutton for torture and want to know what I'm dealing with.

Pearl Jam- I'm Still Here

Amy Stroup- Hold Onto Hope Love

Foo Fighter- The Deepest Blues Are Black

Needtobreathe- The Reckoning

Seether- Here and Now






No comments:

Post a Comment