Friday, February 15, 2013

Liars and Their Stink

I'm having a bad day.  And I don't want to go into the details of said day but I will take this moment to vent on a subject that has been bothering me.

Liars.

Seriously, "I'll read yours if you read mine" is such a load of crap.  Literal crap.  I have had to read the worst things in the last few days as I whore myself out for some kind of feedback on my novel.  I have been tricked into reading countless weird teen drama and horribly horribly written, craptastic, self indulging, graphic, over the top One Direction fanfic.  I mean, really? One Direction?  Are they still a thing? But the deal has been made, comment for comment.  So i read this awful drivel, leave my polite feedback and then I wait. And wait.  No one reads mine. No one.

Why am I reducing myself to this?  Why am i wasting precious hours of writing time on liars and their stinkiness?  Why? Why? Why?  Oh yeah, because I have exactly 2 readers for my story and I need more.  Because I am a selfish, self obsessed writer who will stop at nothing to get freaking feedback.

Let's face it, I'm the stinkiest of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment