Friday, February 21, 2014

What I'm Working On (possible spoilers)


Everything.
No really.
I'm working on everything.  And trying not to lose my mind in the process.
I'm about halfway through the rough draft of book 3.  I know, I know, I said there would be a 2.5 then a 3 but that didn't happen.  2.5 grew out of control and turned into 3 and 3 got bumped to 4. 

*Spoiler Alert*
Book 3 is Shane's book.  Yes, he's finally getting his very own story.  If you read In Your Honor, the epilogue is loaded with spoilery goodness that will lead straight in to Shane's book which I've titled Fault Lines.  It will begin right where IYH ends.  Like, immediately.

 Book 4 is not titled yet but there will be some overlap with book 3 since both books take place at the same time.  Book 4 is the much anticpated book with Mike's story.  

The good news is that since I'm basically writing them at the same time (if you look at it in a very weird way), then the release time between 3 and 4 should be much shorter than between 2 and 3.  Are you still with me?  I'm hoping, wishing, thinking, planning, and praying for an October release for Fault Lines.  I'll try to keep you updated as events progress.
*END SPOILERAGE*

I'm also working on projects at home.  I want to paint the upstairs, move my office up there permanently.  And I'm building my own home gym in the basement.  I realize you care very little about these things and you only want more of DBS, but I felt it was only fair to let you know what was going on.

Things that could happen that might hurry along the writing process:
if the Foo Fighters release a new album (if you have any influence in this area, get on that for me, will you?) 
if loads of chocolate show up on my doorstep 
if Pearl Jam plays a show within 100 miles of where I live
if I get my office finished and I have a designated place to be creative (read: crazy)

I promise to finish the series.  But I'm going to be honest with you.  There is a brand new, fresh idea percolating in my brain.  I've been keeping it at bay for a couple of months now but I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep that up.  This is the most current project list I have.  This will be the order in which I work unless I notify you of any changes.

1) Shane's story, Fault Lines (DBS #3)
2) Mike's story (DBS #4)
3) Harrison's story (DBS #5)
4) Sway's story (DBS #6)
5) Carl's memoirs (DBS #7)
6) The Dangerous Habit of Falling in Love With Eddie Vedder (young adult, first person)

And I may or may not post some of what I'm working on on Fictionpress.  So, bonus to you if you find my account on there ;)

I love you.  Goodnight, my lovelies.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment