Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Not even the flu can stop me

I finally finished going through LTF line by line, correcting the typographical errors.  Took me almost two weeks. But the final revision has been uploaded to Kindle and I feel like I can relax just a bit.  But not really.  

Mike's story is itching at the tips of my fingers. I'm free to work on book 3 now, tentatively titled Up In Arms.  I want to finish the rough for this one before beginning hardcore revisions on book 2.  I've already chosen my soundtrack and I can see many days ahead of me sitting on the front porch during Bear's nap time listening to the Foo Fighters album 'There Is Nothing Left To Lose.' I'm sure more songs will get added to the playlist as I go, they always do.  But the beginning is usually centered around one, simple feeling that a particular album evokes.

I have no idea how long the rough for book 3 will take me. Hopefully not too long.  But Mike is complicated and kind of tragic. It might go quickly, like book 2 did.  The moment I become emotionally invested in my characters, I type like a maniac to find out what happens next.  And 4 chapters into book 3, it happened.  So...shouldn't be long now.

Book 2. *le sigh* Blake's story, In Your Honor, is my absolute favorite thing ever. I really can't wait to share it with you. I probably shouldn't like it as much as I do.  But I really can't stop. I need to get a move on so I can do revisions and get it released. Does January sound good to you?

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one I knew that did -le sigh- ! Ha! Haven't read your stories.. (not sure if they're out yet? I need to check this out!). But- I share a love for The Foo Fighters with you- and hope you feel better soon!
    Kat (from the bank? =P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat! That's because the Foo Fighters are awesome and awesome people totally listen to them ;)
      my first book is out on Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Double-Blind-Study-ebook/dp/B00F6H6BFK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380162438&sr=1-1&keywords=learn+to+fly) that link should get you there. If not, you can look it up. It's called Learn To Fly. I also have several links to it on mt facebook page. Check it out and let me know what you think!

      Delete