Friday, December 26, 2014

Cold Medicine Has Got Me Working Overtime

I write blogs on two different sites.  This one and the Ms J.  This is my personal one.  This is the one where the truly weird will emerge at a moments notice.  And, if you're a very devoted reader, you may catch a drunk blog float by in the wee hours of the morning during a blizzard when I'm home alone and bored and have a bottle wine.  I will delete it very quickly, because we can't have things like that out there.  But if you're clever enough, you'll see it.

Tonight is a very special blog. You see, tonight is a blog derived from the the worst cold of my life and NyQuil.  I should be going to bed.  But instead I'm working.  And blogging.  They're similar but not the same.  I have no idea if this will make a lot of sense or none at all.  I promise to do my best.

But I'm working at the same time, so I keep jumping back and forth to add things here and there as I think of them.  What am I working on?  If I told you, you'd never believe me.  No, really.  It's completely unbelievable and I'm so pumped this is my life.

I sent out the ARCs for THE HOPE THAT STARTS today.  

Can we all just take a minute and think about that?  Like, this is book 5.  Of a series that I never planned on writing.  And I'm so very excited about this one because it has all the nerd references and the nerd love and I get to look at pictures of Miles as I write because he will always be Harrison to me.

In full disclosure, there was a moment in the beginning/middle that got a little sketch.  I wasn't sure if I was going to publish LEARN TO FLY.  I could only get one person to read it (sister shout out!), it was a weird idea for a romance, I had no idea if people would like it.  Come to find out, not a lot of people did.  But enough of you did that I went ahead and wrote book 2 (which still happens to be my favorite, I don't care if you hate it).  And now we're up to book 5.

This band, these characters have been so incredibly fun.  It's going to be difficult to say goodbye.  I have Sway's story left.  And maybe Carl's someday in the future.  But otherwise, that's it.  I don't know if I can actually walk away from them entirely so I've come up with an idea that will probably make me lose my mind.  

I'm going to write a collection of short stories about the band members as chosen by the fans.  I will have a form you can fill out if you want to be a part of it. (See!  Working!)  The idea is that you, the fan, will choose a song that you love, a band member, and a scenario.  Then I write a short story based on that. I will put them all together in a collection and basically give it away.

Do I have time to do this?  No.  Not at all.

I'm also working on a whole new series that I hope to have out to you sometime next summer/fall.  

Plus a super secret project (that's what everyone is doing now, right? something that no one cares about so we call it secret and hope that they start to care), involving writing and writing and tearing my hair out and twisting my brain and writing some more.

And now has come the portion of the evening where I can no longer fight the NyQuil.  I need to go to bed.  I will see most of you on the other side.

I leave you with the very wise words of Nick Hexum:
Stay positive, love your life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment