Thursday, November 21, 2013

The One Where I Talk About Dave Grohl. Again.

If you know me, even but at all, then you know how much I love Dave Grohl. Okay, maybe not how much. Because even I am not sure how much I love him. A whole heck of a lot. And probably more. But you at least know that I do, in fact, love him. Some might even speculate that he inspired the very idea of Double Blind Study and to some extent he did. Someday I may tell y'all the real story behind where DBS came from, but today is not that day. No, today, I'm talking about Dave Grohl. 

I just have to share with you one of the most inspiring things I have ever experienced. I was in the middle of revising Learn to Fly and beginning the rough draft for In Your Honor and I was completely discouraged. I thought about throwing the whole thing in the trash and walking away. Forget this writer business, I suck. And then my friend, Emily (who is one the most amazing people alive), sent me this link because she knows how much I love Dave. She also loves Dave. We understand one another deeply in this area. Changed my whole perspective. Now, when I'm doubting myself or feel like I've lost focus, I come back to this. Yes, it's lengthy. And yes, he says all the swear words. But if you're an artist of any kind and need to be inspired, I haven't found anything that even remotely compares.




No comments:

Post a Comment