Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cap: my superhero, my superlove

I call my husband Cap. Or Captain. Or Captain Awesome. Or Captain America.

His name in my phone is Cap. Has been for years.  When I call it to his face he chuckles at me, like it's silly to him.

It started right immediately after I saw the movie Captain America.  I'll try to explain why, coherently and briefly.

Because throughout the entire movie, I kept thinking that the guy reminded me of someone.  Someone I knew well.  It wasn't until nearly the end when I looked over at my husband and realized that I was married to Steve Rogers or Captain America, whatever you want to call him.  The demeanor, the character, the bravery, the devastating jaw line...

So, yeah, I feel like I'm married to a superhero.  And I don't even feel bad about it.  He's humble, brilliant, strong and complex.  And the longer we're together and the better I get to know him, the more crazy in love with him I become.


No comments:

Post a Comment